Sam Shivers will be riding 32 miles in Saturday’s El Tour de Tucson. He’ll be…
It’s a new year and so much to look forward to at the Banner – University Medicine 40th El Tour de Tucson. We’re going to have so much fun with so many people: cyclists, volunteers, elite cyclists, sponsors and entertainers.
And, of course, our non-profit partners. Remember – this is a ride for charity. It has been since day one and has continued through 39 years and will be bigger and better in year 40. We’re shooting for more than 60 nonprofits and with seven months left we already have 38 on board.
We welcome many back and say hello and welcome to the new ones.
They know the importance of the ride and raising money for their respective causes. It takes a village to get this ride going – so many involved – but the nonprofits are our inspiration with all their efforts and great stories.
If you are going to ride, think about riding for any one of the nonprofits listed.
We want to raise more than $5 million this year. That number has long been realistic and now we have a feeling year 40 is going to crush that number.
Welcome to all the nonprofits that have signed up and to all the ones who will be joining us for our ride on Nov. 18, 2023.
- Banner Children’s at Diamond Children’s Medical Center
- Southern Arizona Adaptive Sports
- Children’s Clinics for Rehabilitative Services
- El Grupo Youth Cycling
- Catalina Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Rotary International
- Alzheimer’s Association Desert Southwest Chapter
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC TEAM TEAL)
- Courtney’s Courage
- American Liver Foundation
- Jr El Tour
- Easterseals Blake Foundation
- ALS Association of Arizona
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Arizona
- Arizona Multihousing Charitable Foundation
- Uphill Into The Wind
- Tu Nidito Children and Family Service
- Ignite Leaders
- United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona
- Homicide Survivors, Inc.
- Spiritual Guardians
- LOOK! Save A Life
- Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson’s
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Arizona Inc
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Casa Maria
- Changing Lanes Recovery (CLR)
- Hands of Hope
- Beads of Courage
- The Biodiversity Group
- The Drawing Studio
- Friends of Pima Animal Care Center
- Pima JTED
- We Ride 4
- Friends of Aphasia
- Tucson Interfaith
- GAP Ministries
- KXCI Tucson
- Ben’s Bells
- AZ Water Benefitting Water for People
- Mother’s Against Drunk Drivers
- San Miguel High School
- Law Matters